What is “once in a lifetime” for some, is something we see as “part of our daily work”. Company purchases or sales frequently involve a great deal of corporate and perhaps even private risk for both parties – a risky business involving a great deal of effort.
Thankfully, we know the rules involved and boast the necessary human, technical and temporal resources to safely handle a sale or purchase transaction. And naturally, keeping the risks as low as possible at the same time.
We have provided comprehensive advice in many cases to clients representing the purchasing as well as the selling side, and have always taken into consideration the following aspects as part of the process:
- Tax configuration of the transaction
- Company evaluations
- Possible risks for the acquiring company (due diligence)
- Transacting the purchase price payments
- Tax-law configuration of contracts
- Implementing the relevant financing
- Providing or receiving securities
- Put or call options
- Exit clauses.